Call us: 775-622-9245

Legal Services

If you are dealing with a situation which requires legal guidance and representation in other areas of family law, we are here to help you. Areas include post-decree enforcement, contempt, domestic violence protection orders, guardianships, grandparent rights, etc.


Hear from our past clients

Extensive Experience in All Areas of Family Law

Experience including high end and complex divorce and custody matters, child support, protection orders, alimony, post-decree contempt, pre-nuptial agreements, post-nuptial agreements, grandparent rights, paternity, and more.

We are here to help!
For legal advice please contact us:
Call us on 775-622-9245
E-mail us at
Contact us
Please select a practice area below:

Cohabitation Agreements

Cohabitation agreements come in to play when you are not married and do not have a domestic partnership, but want to buy a house together or start a business together. Cohabitation agreements are more a creature of contract law then family law, but could have implications in family court if the parties were to get married or register a domestic partnership or have children together.

Cohabitation agreements, like prenuptial agreements, cannot address issues of custody or child support, but can only address ownership of property and distribution of the same in the event of a separation.

Call The Law offices of Andriea A. Aden, Esq., today at 775-622-9245 if you have questions regarding cohabitation agreements.


If a party is not complying with the terms of a Court Order (be it a Decree of Divorce, a custody order, or an Order After Hearing), you can ask the Court to issue an order to show cause why that party should not be held in contempt for not following the Court Order.

NRS Chapter 22 addresses contempt, what it means, and the sanctions a Court can order if a party is found in contempt.

Keep in mind contempt in family court is mostly civil in nature, meaning it is to compel compliance, not punish non-compliance. The Court does have authority to award monetary sanctions and attorney’s fees based upon lack of compliance should the facts of the case justify monetary sanctions, including attorney’s fees. Imprisonment, while available as a sanction under the statute, is a very extreme and rare remedy often done to force a party to comply (i.e you will sit in jail until you sign what you were court ordered to sign). It is not you will serve 10 days in jail because you didn’t pay your half of the children’s medical expenses.

If you have questions on whether on contempt, please contact the Law Offices of Andriea A. Aden, Esq. at 775-622-9245.

Enforcement of Decree

This often coincides with a Motion for Order to Show Cause regarding contempt in that you are not only seeking contempt for non-compliance but you are seeking the terms of your order be enforced by the Court. This request is made when you want not just a finding of a contempt, but an order requiring compliance. This is often the case when a party fails to pay a monetary obligation that they are ordered to pay under the Court Order, such as alimony, child support, expenses for the children, an equalization payment, etc. These also often come in to play when a party does not sign necessary documentation or dispose of an asset as ordered by the Court (such as selling or refinancing a mortgage).

In sum, in addition to requesting contempt, a party has an ability to seek assistance from the Court if the other party is not following through with their court ordered obligation.


The Law Offices of Andriea A. Aden, Esq. also offers mediation services to parties seeking to reach an amicable resolution in any divorce or custody matter. The attorney would serve as a third party neutral not representing either party, but rather attempts to assist both parties in reaching an agreement. As a mediator, the attorney can also assist in preparing the paperwork that is consistent with the terms of the parties’ agreement.

Call The Law Offices of Andriea A. Aden, Esq., today at 775-622-9245 if you have questions regarding mediation.


    Contact us

    If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please don’t hesitate to call or fill out the contact form. Our team will be in touch with you shortly.

    Please note that by submitting this form, it does not create an attorney/client relationship with Andriea A. Aden, Esq. nor are the messages considered private or protected by attorney/client privilege.

    Open & Accepting New Clients!