Enforcement of Decree

/Enforcement of Decree

This often coincides with a Motion for Order to Show Cause regarding contempt in that you are not only seeking contempt for non-compliance but you are seeking the terms of your order be enforced by the Court. This request is made when you want not just a finding of a contempt, but an order requiring compliance. This is often the case when a party fails to pay a monetary obligation that they are ordered to pay under the Court Order, such as alimony, child support, expenses for the children, an equalization payment, etc. These also often come in to play when a party does not sign necessary documentation or dispose of an asset as ordered by the Court (such as selling or refinancing a mortgage).

In sum, in addition to requesting contempt, a party has an ability to seek assistance from the Court if the other party is not following through with their court ordered obligation.